Friday, January 23, 2009

Recompense

I sense but cannot move,
Unaware but to the past,
No reign upon the now,
Might I revile a helpful smile?

We lord over the indifferent,
Efforts spring benign,
To bring ordered naturata,
Shame to naturans;

The embrace I yearn to savor,
The kiss my lips to linger,
Bound by human nature,
Humbled human creature;

The outside and the interface,
Endeavors for us all,
But inward seek few navigate,
In darkness everfall;

Mechanisms in the night,
The turn of silent gears,
Imagined strings on puppets,
We've no hands nor inner ears;

Volitions t'ward the void,
Ships lost at sea,
The answers pledge allegiance,
To silence, not to me;

Whys marry explanation,
But courtship's time unknown,
Damn this empty progress vision,
We journey without home;

Yet ambition still aligns,
Despite logic's solemn lines,
Perhaps purpose to a betterment,
Instilled in few of kind;

To those soldiers of the soul,
That brave over-nature goal,
Risking intervention's disappointment,
In battles all alone;

Walking hand in hand, touchless and unseen,
Ventures each for more than reckoning,
No one meets but each one's beckoning,
Recompense for me;

Don Quijote de la Mancha,
Fighting windmills of me,
Save action from the instant,
Gain future-in-repair,
Can I convert a shadow,
Despite late being there;

Am I a being formed,
Or born to unknown mold,
Can I sketch a new beginning,
With a story never told;

Perhaps patience is the mettle,
Condemned conscience in between,
Bear true witness to your actions as,
You cull nurture from your dream;

Hope whispers that a mountain,
its permanence might dissolve,
to not weather determination,
Til' we move it by resolve.

No comments: